Articles review on the net, revue d'articles sur la toile


Inscription : feeds, flux :
(Atom) Gabriel Real World News

23 août 2008

Is It Time for Another James Bond Theme Oscar Nom?


By: Brad Brevet, Rope of Silicon, Thursday, August 21, 2008

Alicia Keys and Jack White aren't a bad start...

Kris Tapley at InContention brings up a good point with regards to this year's likely candidates for Best Original Song at the Oscars. "Talk about a wasteland..."

He points out Peter Gabriel's "Down to Earth" from WALL•E, Jennifer Hudson's "All Dressed Up in Love" from Sex and the City, "The Call" by Regina Spektor from The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian and the dark horse chance that Hamlet 2's "Sexy Jesus" would get a nod after a hard push by Focus.

Tapley comes to the obvious conclusion based on the fact that no one is humming any of those songs at the moment leaving the field wide open.

I left while the credits were rolling on The House Bunny last night, but I believe Katherine McPhee's "I Know What Boys Like" is an original track made for the film as it carries the film's original title. I also believe Fergie's "Labels or Love" from Sex and the City was original. Seemed to me that song got more love than Hudson's.

I can't imagine High School Musical 3 will get any love even though one of Tapley's commentors believes it can't be ignored. But Guy Lodge, one of Tapley's contributors does bring up a title that deserves our attention.

How about Jack White and Alicia Keys teaming up for the theme song to Quantum of Solace? I mean, these two are a couple of fantastic musicians and isn't it about time another Bond theme was nominated for an Oscar? Correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't the last time in 1981 with Bill Conti's "For Your Eyes Only"?

Is there anything I have missed? Do you think Danny Elfman's decision to go vocal on the soundtrack for Wanted has a chance?

Aucun commentaire: